Anda di halaman 1dari 2

Government Course Expectations

Ms. Ward
Course Content: The purpose of this course is to examine the foundations and functions of the United States Government. The course is designed to increase students understanding of the federal government in order to prepare them for their roles as active citizens in a representative democracy. This course will focus on the foundations of our democracy, the U.S. Constitution, political behavior and elections, and the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government. Course Requirements: Throughout the duration of this course, students will be expected to be attentive, active participants in class discussions, group projects, debates, etc. The course demands an extraordinary amount of participation and students will be asked to work with others regularly. In addition, students will be required to read, write, and take notes daily. Students are required to come to class with all necessary materials each day (pencil/pen, agenda, homework). Homework: Students will be assigned homework on a regular basis. Unless otherwise specified, assignments are due at the beginning of class. Late assignments will not be accepted. In the event of an absence, students will be given two days to make up work (class work, homework, tests, quizzes) for every one day of absence. It is the students responsibility to obtain the missed assignments. Long-term and group assignments must be turned in on the due date whether or not the student is in class on that day. Grading System: Assignment and assessment point totals will vary depending on difficulty and the amount of preparation required. Daily assignments will typically be worth 15 points and will be scored based on answer correctness and completeness. Assessment point totals will vary. Grades will be updated on PowerSchool regularly and students should check their grades often. In computing semester grades, 50% of the grade will be in-class and homework assignments and 50% will based on assessments such as quizzes, tests, essays, and projects. This grade will represent 80% of the final semester grade. The remaining 20% will be the final exam grade. The grading scale is as follows: 100%-93%=A 92%-90%=A89%-87%=B+ 86%-83%=B 82%-80%=B79%-77%=C+ 76%-73%=C 72%-70%=C69%-67%=D+ 66%-63%=D 62%-60%=D59%-0%=E

Attendance: Regular attendance is critical to the learning process. Students are expected to attend class daily. Seven or more absences may result in loss of credit. (See Attendance Policy in Student Handbook) In addition, tardiness will not be tolerated. Each tardy beyond the first will earn the student a detention.

Extra Help: Extra help is available before and after school. Students should make prior arrangements with the teacher in order to avoid time conflicts. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I have read the class expectations for Government. ____________________________________________ Parent/Guardian Signature ________________ Date

____________________________________________ Student Signature

________________ Date

Students Name:_____________________________________________________