This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
N EN GAH
TRY OUT UJIAN NASIONAL KE-1
SMP YAPIDA CISAYONG TASIKMALAYA Tahun Pelajaran 2009/2010 Mata Pelajaran : Bahasa Inggris Waktu : 120 menit b. Looking for the good displayed in the shop windows c. Looking at the goods displayed in the shop windows d. Selling the goods displayed in the shop windows Read the following text and answer question 9-11!
Dear Hasri, Hi friend, here I invite you to my 16th birthday party Date : Sunday, 14 February 2010 Time : 4 p.m. Place : My house, Jl. Martadinata no.57 Tasikmalaya. Please, arrive on time! Without you the party will be different. Cheers, Halima
TAM A ER
Read the following text and answer question 1-3!
Beware of the dog!
1. What is the content of the text? a. Warning c. News b. Information d. Advertisement 2. What does the text mean? We …… the dog. a. have b. are aware of c. need to be careful with d. like 3. Where do you usually see the text? a. In the zoo c. On the gate b. In the laboratory d. In the pet shop Read the following text and answer question 4-6!
Dear Dedi, Congratulation on your success as the first prize in the speech contest. Happy to hear that. Yours, Shinta
4. What kind of text is it? a. Greeting card c. Short message b. Invitation d. Advertisement 5. Who the winner on the speech contest? a. Shinta c. The readers b. Dedi d. The writer 6. “Congratulation on your success …” The opposite word of the underlined word is … a. Fail c. Lucky b. Well done d. The winner ReadTo:following text and answer question 7-8! the Ricky Ricky, are you free this afternoon? If you are, would you join me to the mall? We could do window shopping. How does it sound? From: Dennise 7. What is the short message about? a. Dennise’s invitation to go window shopping b. Dennise’s invitation to buy something in the mall c. Ricky’s invitation to go window shopping d. Ricky’s agreement to go to window shopping 8. “We could do some window shopping.” What does the underlined phrase mean? a. Buying the goods displayed in the shop window
9. When will the Halima’s birthday party be held? a. At 4 p.m. b. At Jl. Martadinata no.57 Tasikmalaya c. At her house d. On February 14 10. In what year was Halima born? a. 1996 c. 1994 b. 1995 d. 1993 11. Halima hopes that Hasri …… a. Sings and dances c. Attends her party b. Wears new dress d. Bring a present Read the following text and answer question 12-14!
ATTENTION SHOPPERS, We’ve found a five year old boy in the toy counter. He is wearing a white T shirt and green shorts. He has straight short hair. He is white with slanted eyes. Now he is in the manager office. Anyone of you knows him, please come to see him. Thank you
12. Where does the incident take place? a. In the police office c. In the supermarket b. In the picnic area d. At school 13. Where is the boy now? a. In the manager office b. In the fashion counter c. At home d. In the toy counter 14. “He is wearing a white T-shirt and green shorts.” The word “He” refers to …
a. Shoppers c. Announcer b. A boy d. Anyone Read the following text and answer question 15-19!
My Family My family is a happy family. There are four members in my family. They are my parents, my sister and me. My father is a teacher and he teaches English. My mother is a house wife and she takes good care of us. My sister is in primary three and I am in primary one. My sister’s hobby is collecting coins. She has a good collection. My hobby is collecting stamps and I have a large collection of stamps. On weekend, my family usually goes out together. We have lunch at a restaurant or a picnic at the seaside. My parents love us very much.
15. The text tells us about … a. My family c. My parents b. Weekend d. The writer’s family 16. “My family is happy family” (Paragraph 1) We call this part … a. Orientation c. Identification b. Description d. Resolution 17. The writer’s father works in … a. Bank c. Shop b. School d. House 18. “On weekend, my family usually goes out together” The word “weekend” is the day for … a. Sunday and Monday b. Saturday and Monday c. Saturday and Sunday d. Friday and Saturday 19. “She has a good collection.” The underlined word refers to … a. My sister c. The writer b. The writer’s sister d. Collecting coins Read the following text and answer question 20-24!
Last year my family had a trip to Bali. My parents, my elder sister and I spent three days. We had a flight to Bali. We arrived there at 9 a.m. Then, we checked in the hotel. It was not big, but comfortable. After taking a rest and having a shower, we had a lunch in the restaurant of the hotel. In the afternoon, we went to Sanur beach. There were a lot of tourists enjoying the beautiful beach. Some of domestic and foreign tourists surfed on the beach. They really enjoyed it. My sister and I played the sand. We built a castle from the sand. On the second day, we had a shopping in the traditional market near the hotel. My mother bought a new dress, while my father chose a leather jacket. My sister bought a pair of unique glasses and a cap. While I liked having T-shirts. On the last day, we checked out the hotel. We left the hotel at 8 a.m. It was really an amazing holiday.
a. By ship c. By plane b. By car d. By train 22. “The family did shopping” The idea found in paragraph … a. One c. Three b. Two d. Four 23. How was the hotel? a. Small and comfortable b. Small but not comfortable c. Big and comfortable d. Big and not comfortable 24. “They really enjoyed it.” (Paragraph 2) The underlined word refers to … a. The beach c. The sand b. Surfing on the beach d. A castle Read the following text and answer question 25-28!
Tools : a tape recorder, a cassette Operation: Plug in the tape recorder 9 or check the batteries Push the eject button to open the recorder Insert the cassette, close the cover Push the fast forward button to advance the tape then stop Press the play and record button Record your voices.
25. How many materials do you need to for recording in the tape recorder? a. Two c. Five b. Three d. Six 26. What must you do before you insert the cassette? a. Plug in the cable b. Push the fast forward button c. Push the eject button to open recorder d. Push the recorder button to record 27. “Insert the cassette and close the cover.” The underlined word has the same meaning with … a. Keep c. Save b. Enter d. Put in 28. Which one is the best goal for the text above? a. How to record your voice in the tape recorder b. How to play cassette c. How to insert the cassette into tape recorder d. How to operate the cassette Read the following text and answer question 29-34! Long ago in the Never land, there lived a very beautiful princess, Snow White. The Queen was her stepmother. She was very jealous of her beauty. So she wanted her to die. Snow White knew about the evil plan. She escaped into a forest. There she made friends with seven dwarfs.
20. What is the text about? a. Amazing Bali b. Surfing on the Beach c. Shopping in Bali d. The writer’s amazing holiday in Bali 21. How did they go to Bali?
The queen turned into a witch. Snow White did not realize it. The witch gave her a poisoned apple. As a result, now White was put into sleep for years. 29. The text above tells us about … a. Never land c. Evil plan b. Snow white d. Prince 30. The idea of Snow White knew the Queen’s plan is found in paragraph … a. One d. Three b. Two e. Four 31. Why did the queen want Snow White die? Because … a. She was jealous b. She felt uncomfortable with her c. She like her d. She was a nice queen 32. What happened when Snow white ate the apple? a. She died b. She made friends with dwarfs c. She fell asleep d. She become more beautiful 33. “Fortunately, in the end, Prince Charming revived her with a kiss. What does the underlined word mean? a. Menyadarkan c. Menyentuh b. Menyayangi d. Mengusap 34. “They lived together happily ever after.” The word “They” refers to … a. The prince and the queen b. The queen and snow white c. The prince and snow white d. The dwarfs and snow white Read the following text and answer question 35-36!
KEEP TIGHTLY CLOSED AVOID EXPOSURE TO LIGHT
Fortunately, in the end, Prince Charming revived her with a kiss. They lived together happily ever after. b. after Februari 09, 2009 c. before Februari 09, 2009 d. later than Februari 09, 2009 39. The text above mean … a. we must reject the product when we find the seal is in defect b. we have to receive the product if it is not harmless c. we should accept the product if we break its seal d. we need to throw the product away if the seal is not in good condition Read the following text and answer question 40-42!
Sport is physical activity in which people compete against each other. Sport also makes us healthy. Nowadays sport is supposed to be an industry. All about sports see goes into business, entertainment, life style. We can Christiano Ronaldo! He is famous not only because he is an athlete but also a metro sexual man. Whatever he does outside the football field always influences the world.
40. What is the text mostly about? a. Sport c. Business b. Healthy d. Entertainment 41. From the text we know Christiano Ronaldo is … a. An entertainment b. A businessman c. A football manager d. An athlete and a metro sexual man. 42. “He is famous not only because he is an athlete but also a metro sexual man.” The opposite of the underlined word is … a. Well-known c. Unknown b. Populer d. Celebrity Read the following text and answer question 43-44!
Do not accept if the seal is broken
Exp. Date 09/02/01 37. “Exp. Date” means … a. expired c. experience b. expensive d. expert 38. The product can be consumed … a. on Februari 09, 2009
Dear Ratih, We invite you to attend our meeting that will be held: On Saturday, 24 January 2010 At 11.00 a.m. In the school hall Agenda: Final preparation for Wall Magazines Competition 2010. Pleas come on time.
Read the following text and answer question 37-39!
Ririn R. Secretary
CISAYONG YAPIDA SMP TASIKMALAYA Cisayong No.1 Yapida Jl. Tasikmalaya
35. What is the text about? a. How to avoid accident b. The way to block the sunlight c. How to close the box d. The way to store the medicine 36. Can we keep the box under the sunlight? a. Yes, I do c. Yes, we can b. No, I don’t. d. No, we can’t.
43. What is the purpose of the text? a. To visit hotel and restaurant b. To get a new job c. To work in hotel and restaurant d. To invite someone who want to study. 44. How long will you have study at this school? a. 6-12 days c. 6-12 months b. 6-12 weeks d. 6-12 years Read the following text and answer question 37-39!
45. Where will the meeting be held? a. At Ratih’s house b. At Ririn’s house c. At Hendri’s house d. At school
Choose the suitable word to complete the paragraph bellow! The internet is a medium of communication. It _____(46)_______ computers through network connections. We can communicate with people around the world using the internet. We can get a lot of information from the internet and we can also send e-mail to others. Nowadays, video streaming can be _____(47)_______ through the internet. The internet can help people to _____(48)_______ with others, whether it is text, audio, video, or video-audio.
46. a. b. c. d. 47. a. b. c. d. 48. a. b. c. d.
connect connects connected connecting do does did done communication communicating communicate communicated
49. Choose the arrangement of the words bellow to make a correct sentence! speech – your – winner – English – contest 1 2 3 4 5 on – congratulation – the – in 6 7 8 9 a. 7–6–2–3–9–8–4–1–5 b. 1–3–8–2–5–4–6–7–9 c. 8–3–1–9–2–4–5–7–6 d. 2–5–3–1–6–9–4–7–8
50. Arrange these sentences based on the pictures above to make cooking instructions! 1. Put noodles into 2 glasses of briskly boiling water. 2. Your delicious noodles are ready to be served. 3. Put the seasoning, vegetables oil and chilli powder in a bowl. 4. Mix the noodles well with all of the seasoning. 5. Cook the noodles and simmer for 3 minutes. The best arrangement is … a. 4, 3, 5, 1, 2 c. b. 2, 1, 5, 3, 4 d. 3, 5, 1, 4, 2 1, 5, 3, 4, 2
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?