Anda di halaman 1dari 2

ABSTRAK Avian influenza adalah penyakit menular yang disebabkan oleh tipe A strain virus influenza.

Sejak Januari 2004, Thailand dan beberapa negara Asia Tenggara telah mengalami wabah flu burung pada unggas, dan lebih 100 juta unggas telah dimusnahkan atau mati. Para ahli khawatir bahwa virus flu burung yang kini beredar di Asia akan bermutasi menjadi strain yang sangat menular dan tidak hanya transmisi dari hewan ke manusia, tetapi juga di antara manusia, yang akan mengakibatkan pandemi . Tujuan utama dari penelitian ini adalah untuk menilai tingkat pengetahuan mahasiswa semester V dan VII tahun 2010/2011 fakultas kedokteran Universitas Sumatera Utara mengenai Avian Influenza. Penelitian yang bersifat cross-sectional dengan menggunakan kuesioner terstruktur sebagai alat untuk memperoleh data primer untuk melihat deskripsi pengetahuan tentang Avian Influenza di kalangan mahasiswa kedokteran. Kemudian dinilai dengan sistem scoring yaitu diberi nilai 1 untuk jawaban yang benar dan 0 untuk jawaban yang salah. Tingkat pengetahuan dikategorikan kepada tiga, yaitu responden dengan pengetahuan baik, responden dengan pengetahuan cukup dan responden dengan pengetahuan kurang baik. Hasil untuk tingkat pengetahuan adalah 76% dari responden mempunyai pengetahuan baik dan 24% dengan pengetahuan yang cukup. Selain itu, tingkat pengetahuan pada umumnya baik pada angkatan 2007 yaitu 90.0% berbanding tingkat pengetahuan pada angkatan 2008 yaitu 62.0%. Kesimpulannya, tingkat pengetahuan mahasiswa semester V dan VII fakultas kedokteran Universitas Sumatera Utara mengenai Avian Influenza adalah baik tetapi masih perlu diberikan penyuluhan.

Kata kunci : Pengetahuan, mahasiswa kedokteran, Avian Influenza.

Universitas Sumatera Utara

ABSTRACT

Avian influenza is an infectious disease caused by type A strains of influenza virus. Since January 2004, Thailand and several other Southeast Asian countries have experienced outbreaks of avian influenza in poultry, and more than 100 million poultry have been culled or have died.Experts fear that the avian influenza virus now circulating in Asia will mutate into a highly infectious strain and pass not only from animals to humans, but also among humans, which would lead to a pandemic. The main objective of this research is to evaluate the knowledge on Avian Influenza of the fifth and seventh semester medical students of the University of North Sumatera in the academic year 2010/2011. This is a cross-sectional research that uses structured questionnaire as the main tool to collect the primary data, than used to see the description for the knowledge on Avian Influenza. Then, it is analyzed with the scoring system in which a correct answer is given 1 point and an incorrect answer is given 0. For knowledge on Avian Influenza, it is categorized into three, which are respondents with good knowledge, sufficient knowledge or poor knowledge. Results for knowledge about Avian Influenza is that 76% of the respondents have a good knowledge and the remaining 24% with sufficient knowledge. Besides that, it is also found that 90 % of the seventh semester students have a good knowledge about Avian Influenza compared to only 62% among fifth semester students. It is concluded that, the knowledge on Avian Influenza of the fifth and seventh semester medical students of the North Sumatera University is good in general but some measures are still need to be taken in order to improve the knowledge .

Key word : Knowledge, medical students, Avian Influenza.

Universitas Sumatera Utara