Anda di halaman 1dari 4

Financial communication of Maruti Suzuki

Financial communication entails all of the strategies, tactics, and tools used to share financial data and recommendations with investors and other interested parties.

Maruti Suzuki communicates it financial data/information with all the interest parties through various media.

Digital Media Maruti Suzukis website has a separate bullet to communicate its all the relevant financial
information with all interested parties.It dividends,shareholding patterns,annual report. includes:Stock information,unclaimed

Electronic Media Maruti Suzuki communicates its various financial news through various business and
financial news channels eg:CNBC,Bloomerang,Zee business etc.

Print Media Maruti Suzuki also takes help of print media to communicate its financial information by
publishing their quarterly,monthly and annual reports.

It also explores profiling opportunities for its key financial executives such as their CFO.

Financial communication(Press Realeases)

Maruti Suzuki Net Profit up 105% in 2009-10


New Delhi, April 26, 2010

Highest ever annual sales and exports India's number one carmaker Maruti Suzuki India Limited today announced its financial results for the quarter ending March 31, 2010 and for the full year 2009-2010. Company's Total Income (Net of Excise) for the year 2009-10 climbed to Rs 30,119.7 crore. This is a growth of 40 per cent over 2008-09. The Company's Net Profit during the year stood at Rs 2,497.6 crore, up 105 per cent over 2008-09. Dividend The Board of Directors recommended a dividend of 120 per cent for 2009-10, compared to 70 per cent for the previous year Quarter4 The Company registered Total Income (Net of Excise) of Rs 8,503.5 crore during JanuaryMarch 2010, a growth of 30 per cent year on year. Net profit during January-March 2010 was Rs 656.6 crore, reflecting a growth of 170 per cent over January-March 2009. Though the profit in the quarter increased on the low base of last year, it was impacted to

some extent by the cost of upgradation of the Company's full range of cars to Bharat Stage IV emission norms, cost of new model launches, higher raw material prices and adverse foreign exchange movement. Sales highlights of 2009-10 Total sales 10,18,365 units; Growth of 29% over previous fiscal (792,167 units) Domestic sales of 8,70,790 units A2 segment sales up 23.8 per cent ; A3 segment sales grew 30.8 per cent Rural sales accounted for 16.5% of the Company's total unit sales, up from 9.5% in 200809 Export sales of 1,47,575 units Countries contributing to exports included United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands in Europe. and Algeria, Chile, Indonesia and Australia in non Europe New markets added in fiscal: South Africa, Hong Kong and Norway.

Maruti Suzuki board approves merger of SPIL with MSIL New Delhi, June 12th, 2012: The Board of Directors of Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) today approved a proposal to merge Suzuki Powertrain India Limited (SPIL) with MSIL. SPIL, which supplies diesel engines as well as transmissions for vehicles to MSIL, is a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC), Japan. SMC holds a 70 per cent share in SPIL and the remaining 30 per cent is held by MSIL. With the merger, MSIL will be able to bring its entire diesel engine capacity under a single management control. All key initiatives to strengthen the business, including sourcing, localization, production planning, manufacturing flexibility and cost reduction can be controlled, monitored and improved by the MSIL management. The proposed merger also promises benefits for the combined entity through synergies in areas like finance, capital structuring and administration and consequent reduction of transaction costs. There are no plans to reduce jobs, following this merger. Proposed Terms of the Merger There will be no cash outflow from MSIL. The swap ratio has been fixed at 1:70. As such, SMC will receive one share of MSIL (of Rs 5 each) for every 70 shares (of Rs 10 each) it holds in SPIL.

MSIL proposes to make a fresh issue of 13.17 million shares to SMC in lieu of SMCs 70 per cent holding in SPIL. Consequent to the merger, SMCs holding in MSIL will go up from 54.2 per cent to 56.2 per cent. It is expected that the necessary regulatory approvals and legal requirements for the merger may be completed by end December 2012. Once the merger is approved, the books of accounts of SPIL will be merged with MSIL with effect from April 1, 2012. The two companies, viz MSIL and SPIL, will work jointly to integrate the two organizations.