Anda di halaman 1dari 23

Data Analysis

& its
Interpretation

ANALYSIS OF THE DATA GIVEN


1. (a) Age distribution

Age Group

<= 31

32-36

37-41

42-46

47-51

>51

No. of

13

17

33

25

22

16

Investors

35
3

30

25

5
20
Investors invested in Mutual Fund

15

6
30

1
10

24
18

5 12

20

16

0
<=31
32-36
37-41
42-46
47-51>50
Age group of Investors

Interpretation:
26% most of investors are in the age group of 37-41 i.e. 20% and the least
investors fall in the age group of or below 31 yrs.

(b). Academics Qualification

Academics Qualification

No. of Investors

Graduate/ Post Graduate

82

Under Graduate

27

Others

Total

120

6%
23%
Graduate/Post Graduate

Interpretation:

Under Graduate
71%

Others

71% of the investors in Uttarakhand are Graduate/Post Graduate, 23% of them are
Under Graduates and the rest and on a lower number 6% are others (under HSC).

c). Service

Service

No. of Investors

Govt. Service

28

Pvt. Service

43

Business

32

Agriculture

Others

Interpretation:
39% are Pvt. Employees, 26% are Business people, 29% are Govt.
Employees, 3% are in Agriculture and the rest 5% are in others.

(d). Family Income per Month

Income Group
<=10,000

No. of Investors
6

10,001-15,000

10

15,001-20,000

25

20,001-30,000

40

>30,000

31

50
45
40
35
30
25
No. of Investors
20
15
10
5
0

43
32

28
5
<=10

12
10-15

15-20

20-30

>30

Income Group of the Investorsn (Rs. in Th.)

Interpretation:
36% of the investors i.e. most of the investors are in the income per
month group which is Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 40,000, Second that is 27%
investors are in the monthly income group of more than Rs. 40,000 and
the minimum investors that is 4% are in the monthly income group of
below Rs. 10,000

(2)People investing in various kind of investments.

Kind of Investments

No. of Respondents

Saving A/C

197

Fixed deposits

144

Insurance

150

Mutual Fund

117

Post office (NSC)

72

Shares/Debenture
s

48

Gold/Silver

32

Real Estate

66

65

7
30
6
5
4

Kinds of Investment

3
2
1
0

50
75
120
152
148
195
200

400

No.of Respondents

Interpretation: 97.5% people have invested in the Saving A/c, 76% in the
Insurance, 74% in the Fixed Deposits, 60% in the Mutual Fund, 37.5% in the Post
Office, 25% in the Shares or Debentures, 15% in the Gold/Silver and 32.5% in the
Real Estate.

4. Awareness about these Mutual Funds and some of its


Operations

Response

Acceptanc

Rejection

e
Respondents

135

65

33%
Yes

No
68%

Interpretation:
67% of the People are aware of this and its operations while the rest 33% of them
are not aware..

5. Information for customers on Mutual Funds

Information

Respondents

Advertisement

19

Peer Group

25

Bank

32

Financial Advisors

60

No. of Respondents

70
60
50
40
2
2
30
1
20
25
18
10
0
Advertisement
Peer Group

4
4

3
3

62

30

BankFinancial Advisors

Source of Information

Interpretation:
46% of the people know about Mutual fund through the help of Financial
Advisor, 21% through Bank, 18% through Groups and 13% of these people
through Advertisement.

6. People investing in Mutual Fund

Responses

Respondents

YES

120

NO

80

Total

250

No; 40%

Yes; 60%

Interpretation:
60% of people have invested there money in thses Funds while the other 40% do
not have an idea of investing in Mutual Fund.

7. Why people have not invested in Mutual Funds

Reason

Respondents

Not Aware

67

Higher Risk

Not any Specific Reason

13

13% 6%
Not Aware

Interpretation:

81%

Higher Risk

Not Any

81% of the people are not aware of investing into these Funds, 13% have said
there is likely to be a higher risk in it and the rest 6% of them have a vague reply.

8. People investing in different Assets Management Co. also


known as AMC.

Title of AMC

Investors

SBIMF

50

UTI

74

HDFC

38

Reliance

74

ICICI Prudential

55

Kotak

40

Others

78

Others

7
7

HDFC

6
6

Kotak

5
5

SBIMF

4
4

ICICI

3
3

Reliance

2
2

Name of AMC

70
30
45
55
56
75

1
UTI 1

75

0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80
No. of Investors

Interpretation:
63.6% of the total people have invested in each of these secotrs, only 49% of then
have invested in SBIMF, 42% in ICICI Prudential, 38.5% in Kotak and 35% in
HDFC.

9. Why people want to invest in SBIMF

Reasons

Respondents

Associated with SBI

36

Better Return

Agents Advice

13

27%
9%

Associated with SBI

Better Return

64%
Agents Advice

Interpretation:
64% of people have invested in this because of its is associated with SBI, 27%
have invested because of Agents Advice, 9% invest just for a better return.

10. Reason for not investing in the SBIMF

Reason

Respondents

Not Aware

26

Less Return

15

Agents Advice

20

34%
Not Aware

38%
Less Return

28%

Agent's Advice

Interpretation:
, 38% people were not aware with SBIMF, 28% have not invested as they were
facing less return and 34% of them rely on the Agents Advice.

11. Priority of Investors for future investment in Mutual Fund

Title of AMC

Investors

SBIMF

77

UTI

40

HDFC

34

Reliance

85

ICICI Prudential

81

Kotak

62

Others

77

75

Others
Kotak

Name of AMC

60

77
66

ICICI Prudential

80

55

Reliance

82

44

HDFC
UTI
SBIMF

35 33
45

2
2
76

0 20 40 60 80 100
No. of Investors

Interpretation:
69% of the people prefer to invest in Reliance, 69% prefer ICICI Prudential, 61%
in SBIMF, 63.5% in Others, 56% in Kotak, 39.5% in UTI and 49% in HDFC
Mutual Fund.

12. Modes Preferred by the Investors for Mutual Fund Investment

Channel
No. of Respondents

Financial Advisor
73

Bank

AMC

15

32

25%
15%
Financial
Advisor

Bank

60%

AMC

Interpretation:
60% preferred to invest through Financial Advisors whereas 25% through AMC
and the rest 15% through Bank.

13. Different type of Investment Preferred by the Investors

Mode of Investment

One time Investment

Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)

No. of Respondents

77

40

35%
One time Investment

65%

SIP

Interpretation:
65% of the population chose One time Investment and 35 % Preferred the method
of SIP.

14. Preference of the Portfolios by the Investors

Portfolio

Investors

Equity

54

Debt

29

Balanced

42

37%
Equity

47%
17%

Debt

Balance

Interpretation:
46% of the total people prefer Equity Portfolio, 36% prefer Balance and 16%
prefer Debt portfolio.

15. Different ways for getting Return Preferred by the Investors

Option

Dividend Payout

Dividend

Growth

Reinvestment
Respondents

29

17

81

21%
71%
Dividend Payout

Interpretation:

8%
Dividend Reinvestment

Growth

71% of these prefer Growth Option, 21% of them preferred Dividend Payout and
the rest 8% preferred Dividend Reinvestment Option.

16. Preference of Investors skeptic about where to invest in


Sectoral Funds

Response

No. of Respondents

Yes

25

No

95