Anda di halaman 1dari 3

Improvements for the Better Cultivation of the Land:"Improvement" in relation to land means any work which adds materially

to the value of the land. The

works which makes improvement in the land are

the construction of tanks, wells, water channels, embankments and other works for storage,
supply or distribution of water for agricultural purposes;
the construction of works for the drainage of land or for the protection of land from floods, or
from erosion or other damage from water;
the planting of trees and the reclaiming, clearing, enclosing, leveling or terracing of land;
the erection of buildings on or in the vicinity of the holding, elsewhere than in the gaothan
required for the convenient or profitable use or occupation of the holdings ; and
the renewal or reconstruction of any of the foregoing works, or alternations therein or
additions there to;

However the below mentioned works are not improvements.

Temporary wells and such water-channels, embankments, leveling, enclosures or
other works, or petty alterations in or repairs to such works, as are commonly made
by cultivators of the locality in the ordinary course of agriculture; or
any work which substantially diminishes the value of any land wherever situated, in
the occupation of any other person, whether as occupant or tenant;
Farm building:- It means a structure erected on the agricultural land for the purposes as mentioned
1. for residence of members of the family, servants or tenants of the holder,
2. for the storage of agricultural implements, manures or fodder,
3. for the storage of agricultural produce,
4. for sheltering cattle.
5. for any other purpose which is an integral part of his cultivating ;(ex crushing, sifting etc.

Maximum Plinth Area Allowed To Construct Is As Per Table Given Below.


*Area Of The Land

Less than 0.4 Hectare

Exceeds 0.4 Hectare But Does Not

Exceed 0.6 Hectare
More than 0.6 Hectare

For the
Residence In

Other than
Residence In

Total In

Up to 150

Up to 150


Up to 150

Up to 400



* The land held by the person as per Village Form 8

Where permission for farm building is required?
Permission is required to obtain before erection of any farm building or carrying out any work or
renewal of, re-construction of, alterations in, or additions to, any such farm building, on any land which
is situated within the area falls under
(1) *Planning Authorities jurisdiction or within the area covered by the
(2) **Regional Plan,
(3) ***Town Planning scheme, or proposals for the development of land (within the
notified area)or (an area designated as ) the site of the new town, whether each of
these being in draft or final, prepared, sanctioned or approved under the Maharashtra
Regional and Town Planning Act, 1966; and

the area within eight kilometres from the periphery of the limits of
Municipal Corporations of Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur,
b. the area within five kilometres form the periphery of the limits of any other municipal


the area within three kilometres form the periphery of the limits of A class municipal

*Planning Authorities: Municipal Corporation and Municipal Councils.

**Regional Plan: - Land use plan prepared for the region. For more details please see Regional Plan
***Town Planning scheme: - Schemes prepared by planning authority the for the purpose of
implementing the proposals in the final Development Plan.
(Development Plan: - It means a plan for the development or redevelopment of the area within the
jurisdiction of a Planning Authority.)
The notified area: - It means an area within the jurisdiction of one or more local authorities (not being
an area within the jurisdiction of a cantonment board constituted under the Cantonment Act, 1924)
which is in the opinion of the State Government in a neglected condition, or which is being developed
or is in imminent likelihood of being developed in an uncontrolled or haphazard manner, and requires,
in the public interest, to be developed in a proper and orderly manner:;
Procedure for Obtaining Permission for Farm Building
Persons eligible to apply for permission:1) holder of the land.
2) his servants
3) his *tenants
4) his agents (representative)
5) any other legal representative.
*" tenant" means a lessee, whether holding under in instrument, or under an oral agreement, and
includes a mortgagee of a tenant's rights with possession; but does not include a lessee holding
directly under the State government)
Mode of application
Applicant has to make application in the prescribed form A
Restrictions on the Use of the Land:
In developing area it is essential to use the land for the best purposes for which it is most suitable for
e.g. residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, recreational, etc. To achieve this object, the land
use plans (Regional Plan) are prepared by the Government. In the Regional Plan, land allocation for
different purposes is made by dividing land in the Zones. Broadly lands are divided in the zones as
mentioned below:

1. Urbanisable Zone
2. Industrial Zone
3. Recreational Zone
4. Forest Zone
5. Green Zone
If the land is situated within the limit of Regional Plan, the use of land should be in
confirmative to land use plan. Buyer or developer of the land must know the restrictions
imposed on the use of the land.

Change in Right Over Land up Developement of the Land