Anda di halaman 1dari 2

4.

JACK O” Bright orange(pumpkin 3” to 10” tall; cap


LANTERN color) mushroom that 3” to 8” diameter.
(Omphalotus glows at night. Have
olearius) pleasant, fruity fragrance.
Grow on the ground and
have flat edged,
interconnecting ridges or
wrinkles instead of
knifelike gills.

5. GREEN-SPORED common mushrooms often Large size


LEPIOTA appear in fairy rings on mushroom
(Chlorophyllum suburban lawns, and are
molybdites) frequently eaten by the
lawn’s owner. They cause
violent gastrointestinal
upsets.

6. WEBCAPS The two species of Largest mushroom


(Cortinarius webcap, the deadly
species) webcap (Cortinarius
rubellus) and the fool’s
webcap (Cortinarius
orellanus), are very similar
in appearance to both each
other and to a number of
edible varieties. These
mushrooms feature a
poison known as orellanin,
which initially causes
symptoms similar to the
common flu. Orellanin has
an insidiously long latency
period and may take 2
days to 3 weeks to cause
symptoms, often leading
to a misdiagnosis. The
toxin ultimately causes
kidney failure and death if
left untreated.
7. PODOSTROMA This rare fungus is native 2.5–3.5 μm in
CORNU-DAMAE to Asia and has been diameter.
responsible for a number
of fatalities in Japan and
Korea. Its red fruiting
bodies contain potent
toxins known as
trichothecene mycotoxins
and can cause multiple
organ failure in those
unlucky enough to
consume them. Symptoms
of poisoning include
stomach pain, peeling
skin, hair loss, low blood
pressure, liver necrosis,
acute kidney failure, and
result in death if left
untreated.
8. Deadly Dapperling The deadly dapperling is a cylindrical stem is
(Lepiota gilled mushroom known to 2–3.5 cm (0.8–1.4
brunneoincarnata) contain amatoxins. Widely in) tall by 0.6–0.9
distributed throughout cm (0.2–0.4 in)
Europe and parts of Asia, wide
the mushroom is fairly
innocuous and has been
mistaken for edible
varieties, though
poisonings are not very
common. Accidental
consumption leads to
severe liver toxicity and
can have lethal
consequences if
immediate treatment is not
received.
9. Conocybe filaris is an innocent-looking The stalk is 2 mm
lawn mushroom that is thick and 1 to 6 cm
especially common in the long, It is less
Pacific Northwest. than 3 cm across
Featuring the same
mycotoxins as the death
cap mushroom, C. filaris is
potentially fatal if eaten.
The onset of
gastrointestinal symptoms
often occurs 6-24 hours
after the mushrooms were
consumed, frequently
leading to an initial
misdiagnosis of food
poisoning or the stomach
flu. The patient may appear
to recover, only to suffer
from a life-threatening
reappearance of the
gastrointestinal distress,
coupled with liver and
kidney failure.
10. Death Cap Perhaps the deadliest of all (cap) from 5 to 15
(Amanita mushrooms, the death cap cm (2 to 6 in)
phalloides) is found throughout
Europe and closely
resembles edible straw
mushrooms and caesar’s
mushrooms. Its heat-
stable amatoxins
withstand cooking
temperatures and quickly
damage cells throughout
the body. Within 6 to 12
hours after consumption,
violent abdominal pain,
vomiting, and bloody
diarrhea appear, causing
rapid loss of fluid from the
tissues and intense thirst.
Signs of severe
involvement of the liver,
kidneys, and central
nervous system soon
follow, including a
decrease in urinary output
and a lowering of blood
sugar. This condition leads
to coma and death in more
than 50 percent of the
incidents.

REFERENCE:
Food Safety and Sanitation by: Mary Jean C. Ang and Hannah A. Balanon
https://www.britannica.com/list/7-of-the-worlds-most-poisonous-mushrooms