Anda di halaman 1dari 3

Partner University Sheet 2019/2020 – SAS IBBA 2018 – ACL 31/10/2018

(Burwood Campus)
Non contractual document
School Website
Other useful links for exchange exchange (exchange student)
Accreditation none

Information about the Exchange programme agreement

agreement Exchange period available for IBBA 3 and/or IBBA 4
Offered programmes & Undegraduate – Bachelor of Business
field of expertise
Course information
(Course list, course descriptions, handbook/2019-handbook
restrictions, prerequisites)
Course workload Business courses for a total of 4 units per semester = 30 ECTS
The language courses are not transferred. Any other course than a business one would
be considered as optional and won’t account for credits.
Number of seats 3 semesters in total
Exchange period for IBBA 3 : maximum 1 student for one year
Exchange period for IBBA 4 : maximum 3 students for one semester
language of instruction for English
business courses
Language requirements and For the Exchange Programme:
other requirements - TOEFL IBT minimum 71 (writing 21)
- Overall average 12,5/20
Academic Calendar Semester 1 (fall) = Early July – Mid-October (= Deakin Trimester 2)
(including exams) Semester 2 (Spring) = Mid- February – Mid June (= Deakin Trimester 1)
A 3 days Orientation session will be organized at the beginning of the semester
Public/Private School Public School
Campus location The campus is located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs approximately 15 km from
Melbourne’s city center.
Campus Size Undergraduate students 24 404
Graduate students 8556
Campus facilities Library – sports facilities ….
Housing Deakin offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit your needs. Whether it
be on-campus living or guidance to finding your own share house, Deakin is here to
make you feel at home.
On Campus and Off Campus:


Partner University Sheet 2019/2020 – SAS IBBA 2018 – ACL 31/10/2018
Off campus
Disability Support No information
Estimated living expenses About 10.000$ per semester
(including housing) Be aware that the cost of living in Australia is quite expensive
Knowing the average living costs in Australia is an important part of your financial
preparation. For your reference, here are some of the costs associated with living and
studying in Australia. (All costs are in Australian dollars. Rates 2018)

•Hostels and Guesthouses - $90 to $150 per week
•Shared Rental - $85 to $215 per week
•On campus - $90 to $280 per week
•Homestay - $235 to $325 per week
•Rental - $165 to $440 per week

Other living expenses

•Groceries and eating out - $80 to $280 per week
•Gas, electricity - $35 to $140 per week
•Phone and Internet - $20 to $55 per week
•Public transport - $15 to $55 per week
•Car (after purchase) - $150 to $260 per week
•Entertainment - $80 to $150 per week
Health Insurance The Australian Government requires all international students (and any dependants
accompanying them) to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The cover provides
medical care within Australia from the date of student’s arrival until the end of their
studies in Australia. It is students responsibility to ensure their OSHC is valid and kept up
to date while their hold a student visa.
So, International students are required to take out Overseas Student Health Cover
(OSHC) for the duration of their studies in Australia. Deakin's preferred provider for
OSHC is Bupa, a major health insurer.

Don't forget to pick up your Bupa member card on campus after your arrival in Australia.
You will have to show your card whenever you visit a doctor or have to go to hospital.

Overseas Student Health Cover for 2017: Indicative $AUD350 per trimester

Your Bupa member card will be distributed during the International Student Briefing or
you can collect it at your respective campus

Before leaving, make sure to visit your doctor, in order to check all of your vaccines.
Please also ask the doctor to provide you a first aid kit to bring with you.

Besides DEAKIN Health Insurance make sure that you have an insurance that covers all
medical costs, hospitalization, accidents, repatriation…
Student visa procedure International students in Australia on a student visa are required, as a condition of
their visa, to maintain valid health insurance. In most cases this means maintaining
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).


Partner University Sheet 2019/2020 – SAS IBBA 2018 – ACL 31/10/2018

In order to accept your offer, you will be required to return your acceptance form
including the payment details for your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). All
students must purchase this insurance in order to obtain your student visa.
You will need to fill out the Offer Acceptance form.
Once the health insurance has been processed, DEAKIN will send you an electronic
confirmation of enrolment and from here on you are eligible to apply for a student

To study in Australia you will be required to get a student visa. When applying to
University of DEAKIN and once they have been issued with a Letter of Offer, you need
to ‘Accept’ the offer (Details will be provided in Letter of Offer). Once you have
accepted the offer you will be issued by email, an electronic Confirmation of
Enrolment (eCOE). While applying for the visa you will need to provide an evidence
of funds (about 10000 AU$ for a semester)
All this procedure may vary from 6 to 10 weeks You need to have a "sub-class 500
student visa (non award)" established by the Australian Embassy in Paris, 15°.
This verifies to the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) that
you are a legitimate student. To find out how to apply for a student visa, other visa
options or have further visa enquiries, please visit:
It will cost around 540 AU$.

Please, be aware of the Foreign Affairs Department’s advices (security, health…)

For any student:

Please read carefully (health, security...) all information details from the French

We strongly advise you to apply for the consular card to the French Consulate.

Useful links/others Arrival information :