Anda di halaman 1dari 11

About the Company

The Bajaj Group is among the top 10 business houses in India

headquartered at Pune. This group is into a wide range of industries
such as automobiles (two wheelers manufacturer and three wheelers
manufacturer), home appliances, lighting, iron and steel, insurance,
travel and finance. The Bajaj Auto Company which is the flagship
company, is ranked as the world's fourth largest three and two wheeler
manufacturer. It is known across several countries in Latin America,
Africa, Middle East, South and South East Asia. Bajaj has operations in
50 countries and its bikes are sold there.

Bajaj manufactures and sells two wheelers such as motorcycles,

scooters, auto-rickshaws and four wheelers such as cars. It is India's
largest exporter of motorcycles and three-wheelers. Of its total sales
35% accounted for its exports and 47% of its exports are made to
Africa. Boxer motorcycle is the largest selling single brand of this
Bajaj Auto came into existence on 29 November 1944 as M/s Bach raj
Trading Corporation Private Limited. Earlier it used to sell imported
two- and three-wheelers in India. It obtained a license from the
government to manufacture two wheelers in the country. Then it
obtained License from Pigou to manufacture Vespa Brand Scooters in
India and started making those scooters. Soon it became a public
limited company in 1960. In 1977, it sold 100,000 vehicles. In 1985, it
started producing vehicles in Aurangabad. In 1986, it sold 500,000
vehicles. In 1995, it rolled out its ten millionth vehicle and produced
and sold one million vehicles in that year.

With the launch of motorcycles in 1986, the company has changed its
image from a scooter manufacturer to a two-wheeler manufacturer. Its
real growth has come in the last four years after successful introduction
of new models in the motorcycle segment.
Rahul Bajaj is the chairman of the company. He took the charge in
1965. He is one of the India’s most respected business leader
internationally for his entrepreneurial spirit.


Bajaj motorcycles
Bajaj is the first Indian two-wheeler manufacturer to deliver 4-stroke
commuter motorcycles with sporty performance for the Indian market,
which was otherwise dominated mostly by mileage-based products
from Hero Honda and TVS Motors. Bajaj achieved this with the 150cc
and 180cc Pulsar, giving Indians the first taste of performance biking.
The company did innovative marketing technique by featuring its
flagship product Pulsar in MTV Stunt mania, India's first stunt biking
reality show.
Motorcycles produced by Bajaj include Discover, Pulsar, Avenger,
platina, CT 100. In 2012-13, it sold approximately 3.76 million
motorcycles which accounted for 31% of the market share in India. Of
these 66% motorcycles were sold in India and remaining 34% were
Three wheelers
Bajaj is the world's largest manufacturer of 3-wheelers and exports
about 84% of India’s 3 wheelers. During 2012-13, it sold approximately
4, 80, 000 three-wheelers which was 57% of the total market share in
India. Out of these 53% were exported and remaining 47% were sold in
In 2010, Bajaj Auto announced cooperation with Renault and Nissan to
develop a US$2,500 car, aiming at fuel efficiency of 30 km per liter or
twice an average small car, and carbon dioxide emissions of 100 g/km.
On 3 January 2012, Bajaj auto unveiled a mini car- Bajaj RE60 for intra-
city urban transportation. The target customer group was Bajaj's three-
wheeler customers.

 To attain excellence by demonstrating value added products to

 To keep a pollution free environment
 Eliminating wastes
 Making improvements
 To satisfy customers and cater to changing market requirements
 To grow business

Marketing Objectives

 Continuous improvement in existing products based on customer

 Its objective is to be the country’s largest car company
 To maintain its brand image
 To achieve sales growth
 Gain advantage over competition
 Developing new products
Marketing Environment

The marketing environment includes the internal factors such as

employees, shareholders, customers and the external factors such as
economic, political, legal etc. that surround businesses and affects their
Macro environment

Political factors
The political environment affects a lot in the working of businesses.
Government policy have an impact on petrol prices which affects the
demand for vehicles. Petrol prices are the highest in India as GOI
subsidizes kerosene and diesel. Taxes also affect the industry.

Economic factors
Businesses get affected by economic factors which include interest
rates, taxation changes, economic growth, inflation and exchange rates.
Global macroeconomic and financial uncertainty, weak external
demand, elevated level of prices, widening twin deficits and falling
investment factors affect the automobile industry. Policy uncertainty,
inflation and rising interest rates also have an effect.

Social factors
These factors include demographic and cultural aspects. Since lifestyle
of people has changed so automobile sector has large customers to

Technological factors
The technological factors also affect the working of the firms. The
Government of India is promoting National Automotive Testing and
R&D Infrastructure project (NATRIP)to support the growth of the

Environmental factors
Environmental factors include the weather and climate change such as
changes in temperature can impact many industries also physical
infrastructure such as roads and bridges affect the use of vehicles.

Legal factors
These factors are related to the legal environment in which firms
operate. In recent years there have been many significant legal changes
that have affected firms’ behavior. The introduction of age
discrimination and disability discrimination legislation, an increase in
the minimum wage and greater requirements for firms to recycle are
examples of some recent laws that affect an organization.

Micro Environment

Marketing Strategy

Product Strategy
Bajaj Automobiles is famous for offering sleek and stylish bikes that is
highly popular in the market. The company has launched DTSI, a
patented that has given its engines a new dimension. Its two-wheelers
are known for low costs as well as easy availability.
Motorcycles such as

 Pulsar RS200
 Pulsar NS200
 Pulsar AS150
 Pulsar 220F

Low-cost cars or four wheelers

 Qute

Three wheelers

 RE Maxima
 RE Optima
 RE Compact 4S
 RE Compact

Pricing strategy
Bajaj Auto Limited has targeted the middle-class section of the society
who yearns for a stylish bike with a good mileage and affordable rates.
Target group generally comprises of youth between ages twenty five to
Bajaj Auto Limited has adopted several strategies. For its premium
products, it has maintained a mid-premium pricing strategy that helps in
keeping prices at affordable rates compared to premium products of
other brands. In order to capture the mass market, Bajaj Auto Limited
has adopted the policy.

This allows the to keep its product prices reasonable so that every level
of society can easily make a purchase. The competitive pricing strategy
as product prices are kept lower from the prices adopted by rival brands.
When consumer compares both qualitative products and asking prices
of several brands they generally go for the Bajaj as it is a popular and
established brand.

Promotion strategy

The Bajaj company has adopted both above-the-line and below-the line
marketing strategies to advertise its products in the consumer market.

It has launched several ad campaigns to increase its brand visibility.

These are displayed through digital, print and visual medium through
newspapers, magazines, hoardings, billboards, television channels, radio
and even on sides and backs of moving vehicles.

The company recognizes the power of social media and has launched its
consumer awareness program through several portals including its own
website, Twitter and Facebook accounts. Celebrity endorsements are
very common in the consumer market as they have an immense capacity
to influence it easily. The famous person who has been associated with
Bajaj Auto Limited is Bollywood actor who has bought a customized
motorcycle Bajaj V.

Distribution strategy
Bajaj Auto Limited has its presence from India to more than seventy
countries of the world including places in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In India, the company is based in Mumbai and Pune. Africa is the main
importer of Bajaj products .

Bajaj Auto Limited has manufacturing plants at Pantnagar in Uttarakhand

and Waluj and Chakan in Maharashtra and an extensive R&D facility at
Akurdi in Pune . In India, it has a strong distribution channel that is spread
across most parts of the country. The company operates on the age-old
theme of dealership program and has tie-ups with several dealers.

It has set up a widespread network of dealers and service centres at

every nook and corner of India. Its channel of distribution includes C &
F agents and depots at strategic points to handle product distribution
and transfers. Spare parts are a necessity for any consumer therefore the
company has set up an efficient penetration policy for spare part dealers
in both urban and rural areas that can easily meet the demand of
consumers. Bajaj Auto Limited sells its products through both
showrooms and e-platforms.

Rahul bajaj adopted two branding strategies. Pulsar and and Discover
were put into these. He decided to drop the word bajaj from these two
brands to reposition them.

The company started advertising these two products and did not use the
word bajaj to market these products. These two brands were divorced
from the parent brand and efforts were made to make these two brands
stronger than the parent brand.
The target group for the Discover was the commuter as it stands for
responsibily and balance whereas the pulsar symbolizes arrogance,
attitude and is categorized in the sports category.

Minat Terkait