Anda di halaman 1dari 3

Bconnected is a customer service system allowing citizens to submit requests for local government services, report neighborhood issues,

and get answers to frequently asked questions. Our Call Center is open weekdays 8:30 am - 5:00 pm at 203-576-1311. We look forward to hearing from you. Listed below are the 10 most frequently asked questions we receive in the call center.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How and where do I get a birth certificate?

The Citys Department of Vital Records issues birth certificates. The fee for a birth certificate is $20 for a large copy or $15 for a wallet size copy. Birth certificates are confidential and only available to certain individuals, as follows: (1) a person whose name appears on the certificate (mother, father, or person themselves), (2) a grandparent with the proper proof of relationship (if you are a paternal grandparent your sons name must be on the certificate in order to obtain a copy) and (3) a court appointed guardian or a person granted power of attorney provided a copy of the appointment papers are submitted. NOTE: All persons in order to obtain a copy of a birth certificate must present a photo ID or two other valid forms of ID. If you have any other questions please call the Vital Records Department at (203) 576-8208 or online go to for more information. The office is located at 999 Broad Street, City Hall Annex, Bridgeport, CT 06604.

What are the office hours for the Tax Collector?

The Tax Collector's Office is open to the public Monday-Friday 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. For extended hours during tax season, please go to the Tax Collector webpage on the Citys website and consult our department calendar.

Where can I get information about student buses and school transportation?
Please contact Raul Lafitte, Director of the Board of Education Transportation Services. The office is located at City Hall on Lyon Terrace room 308. The phone number is (203) 275-1020, and the e-mail is

How do I appeal my tax assessment?

You may contest your assessment to the Board of Assessment Appeals (Board) which is a separate body from the Tax Assessor's Office. All property assessment disputes must be submitted between January 1 and March 15. The Board meets twice a year. Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 45 Lyon Terrace, Room 105 or can be downloaded from the City website. Go to the Tax Assessor webpage Here is the application for the 2011 tax year: Appeals Application Document. For more information please call the Tax Assessor's Office at (203) 576-7241.

Where do I go to vote?
Find out where you vote by calling the Registrar of Voters at (203) 576-7281 or by visiting the Registrar of Voters Web page on the City of Bridgeport website. They have a Voter Lookup Tool that will show you your voting location. NOTE: voting locations often change depending upon the particular election being conducted. Therefore, you cannot simply rely on where you voted in the last election.

Are there any job openings within the City or Board of Education?
To learn more about City employment opportunities please call the office of Civil Service at (203) 576-7106. Or you can stop by the Civil Service office to inquire about openings or to fill out a job application. They are located at 45 Lyon Terrace, Room 325. Office hours are Monday and Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, Tuesday closed, Wednesday 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm and Thursday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. You can also check listings on their webpage: Hiring for Bridgeport Public Schools is handled by their Human Resources Department:

Does the City have a Notary Public?

YES. The City now provides notary public services to the general public. The Vital Statistics office is now equipped to handle notary public services. The assistant registrar has been appointed by the secretary of state to perform notarial acts. The statutory fee of $5 per signature is charged to those individuals who appear before us, in person, and can provide proof of identity. If you have further questions contact Vital Statistics directly at 203-576-7445. In addition, all notaries are required to register with the Town Clerk in the city where they live, after registering/renewing their licenses with the State. For a list of notaries registered with the City of Bridgeport please call the Town Clerks Office at (203) 576 -7208. The office is located at 45 Lyon Terrace, Room 124, Bridgeport, CT 06604.

What are the hours and fees for the Citys Transfer Station?
The Citys 475 Asylum Street Transfer Station facility is open to the public year-round, with general hours of operation as follows: SUMMER HOURS: April 1 - October 31 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday thru Friday (7:00 am - Noon Saturday) WINTER HOURS: November 1 - March 31 7:00 am - 2:30 pm Monday thru Saturday (7:00 am - Noon Saturday) The Transfer Station is closed for only 8 holidays: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas. All residents/taxpayers may dump household items at the Transfer Station. There is no fee charged as long as you are a Bridgeport resident (valid proof of residency is required). The City does not accept any hazardous waste materials. However, Hazardous Waste drop off locations are offered twice a year and advertised in the local newspaper. Small businesses and commercial businesses with a Hauler's Permit may also dump at the transfer station. Please visit the City's Public Facilities web page for transfer station rules and regulations and hours of operation at Transfer Station Rules & Regulations. The transfer station is located at 475 Asylum Street, Bridgeport, CT 06608. If you have questions please call 576-7725.

Does the City have an Adopt a Pet Program?

YES. Information on pet adoption can be obtained at or (203) 576-7727.

How can I get a copy of a police report?

Please contact the Records Division located at 300 Congress St. for accident/incident reports. The Records Div. can be reached at (203) 581-5270.
Still cant find the answer to your question? Click here to search by subject or keyword.