Anda di halaman 1dari 12

RESULT AND ANALYSIS

Our Questionnaires!!

Overall result
Used Hand Phones Recycling / Retailing around Taman U area
100% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 0% RETAILING DISPOSAL TYPE RECYCLING AWARENESS

Yes

No

Throw

Not Sure

Others

Parts

Full Component

CHART ANALYSIS
Used Hand Phones Recycling the Retailing On / Retailing around Taman U area
100% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30%

20%
10% 0%

part, there are approximately 90% of the shops which provides trade in activities including selling used phone. This indirectly helps in decreasing the amount of hand phones disposal. While the remaining 10% does not.
RECYCLING AWARENESS

RETAILING

DISPOSAL TYPE

Yes

No

Throw

Not Sure

Others

Parts

Full Component

CHART ANALYSIS
100% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30%

20%
10% 0%

RETAILING

In the Disposal Type, there is a Used Hand Phones Recycling / Retailing around variation of answers among Taman U area recipient / participants where 23% claimed that they dispose the phone to the dust bin, followed by 40% which are not sure and another 27% describe others as a mean of disposal. This part is critical as it shows that many people practice the habit of throwing the phones in the dustbin.
DISPOSAL TYPE RECYCLING AWARENESS
Yes No Throw Not Sure Others Parts Full Component

In Recycling part, there are CHART ANALYSIS significant result showing that almost 83% of the recipient / Used Hand Phones Recycling / Retailing participants does not at all Taman U area recycle the used / unwanted phones. Next, under the same category, only 27% of the shop which takes the whole phone (and its component) to be repaired while a whooping 43% only takes the related part of the phones either to be sold or installed at other phones.
100% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 0% RETAILING DISPOSAL TYPE RECYCLING Yes No Throw Not Sure Others Parts

Full Comp

CHART ANALYSIS
Under the Awareness it can be deduced that less than 10% of the shop retailer which are applying the good practice of hand phones recycling while the other 90% does not. Moreover, not many of them are aware of the hazards of disposing phones on the regular dustbin.
100% 90% 80% 70%

Used Hand Phones Recycling / Retailing around category Taman U area

60%
50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 0%

RETAILING

Yes

No DISPOSAL TYPE Sure Throw Not

Others Parts RECYCLING

Full Component AWARENESS

POSITIVE POINTS
There are quite a number of phone retailer which accept used or second hand phones trade in and sells them. This contributes greatly in decreasing the amount of phones being disposed.

A few retailers are aware of the potential hazards of improper disposal of hand phones.

Some of them even repair or dismantle the components to be installed in other phones and collected the broken phone / parts in a bag to be discarded properly.

NEGATIVE POINTS
Majority of the retailers which throws the phones directly into the dustbin indicates low or no knowledge regarding the potential hazards of the improper disposal habits. During the brief interview among retailer also indicates that most of them are not aware of hand phones recycling activities. With rapid development and the descending of phone prices, we could predict a huge amount of phone disposals. In the long run, this can cause adverse impact on the environment.

Awareness among people regarding the hand phones recycling is at a very critical level. Not many people realizes the potential effect of improper disposal of the hand phones. Most hand phones retailers opt for throwing broken phones into the dustbin. Astonishing cheaper prices of phones encourages people to buy more phones and discard the old ones. If measures are not taken now, this could affect the environment greatly.

RECOMMENDATION

Create Awareness
Hand phones retailer

Campaigns Interactive advertisement


Adopt repair as means of disposal Practice proper disposal method by collecting the broken phones and send it to the recycling center

Recycling Center

Build more recycling center especially at urban areas or Build drop-off points

THATS ALL FOR NOW. THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!!